03 March 2008

New Apartment

I have been living in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood with two roommates, but I decided it was time to get a place of my own closer to work. So this weekend I moved across town into my new apartment in the Hayes Valley neighborhood. The differences between the two neighborhoods are very apparent. Haight was filled with hippies, hippie-wannabes, and vagabonds of every race and socio-economic group. Hayes Valley's streets, on the other hand, are walked by the well-dressed and upper-middle class.

My new neighborhood has a very active street life. Here is a little storefront across the street from me where people where sitting out front watching a basketball game on TV:


Here is the inside of my new apartment, now complete with furniture:






Here is a little cafe on the corner next to my new place:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin

So good to see you online again. It's been awhile since you have posted. Hope that we get a chance to see you "both" when you visit Florida next week. Weather has been great so hope it holds for your visit.
Hugs, Aunt Mary ps we really miss you